Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a boat

"Hurricane" was Al Germain's boat (he now owns "Bandicoot"). I don't think Al posts here but he'll probably be at the meeting next week.

does anyone have any more info about Al's old Moore, "Hurricane"? I tried calling RYC foundation, and left multiple voicemails, but got no response.

Default Hurricane

It's in the gated dry sailing lot. Rigged for single handing. Sorry, can't remember name of individual who showed it to me. Perhaps a RYC member can show it to you.

John

Hurricane -this boat is parked in space 81 near mine in the RYC dry storage. i looked at the outside and deck today. looks like it has not been used in over 1 year. has some singlehanded equipment. nice hand-painted graphic faded.

there are 2 cockpit mounts for electronic autopilots, there is a masthead light. there are 2 below waterline thru hulls just in front of keel with either plug or depth sounder transducer (most likely depth and knotmeter). the hull is original gelcoat, off white. the deck is updated stippled gelcoat very nice. There is a thru hull port side just below deck, probably bilge pump. there is a boom kicker. The bottom looks fair, no visible blisters, and the keel hull joint is fair without any cracking. rudder bearing is tight and smooth. it has a road trailer with brakes and lights.

perhaps since it has not been used and is not very actively sold, it could be had for a little less. the parking spot without the boat would be worth >$100/month to RYC.

todd

I'd be interested in Hurricane. I'll be up in Richmond this weekend--any chance of tracking down the owner and taking a look at the boat?

Talon, it appears the owner is the RYC Foundation. In other words the boat was donated. Here's the link:

http://www.RichmondYC.org/Boats-for-...4217~13823.htm (scroll down)

I think Todd has given a pretty good run-down. Make an offer subject to a survey if desired. It's a Moore - I don't know of anything that can't be fixed. That boat is a past SSS season champion. It's got mojo . . .

Moore 24 #101 has been re-located to Alameda and is Hanalei bound in 2012........

Hurricane is now in my hands. Hawaii bound, come hell or high water, one way or another.

Congrats! Now we're going to have a couple of Moore 24's in the race. Maybe 1 or 2 more and we'll have our own one design class!

One Design? What, too scared to race PHRF against an Olson and a couple Hobies? Or the freakin' WAFI thing?