Thread: Zapped resurfaces!!

Default Zapped resurfaces!!

Ran into a guy I know last week - actually he was the broker who sold me Haulback (11 years ago next month - how time flies!!) here in Vancouver.

He is now retired and has himself a new-to-him boat. It turns out that it is, or rather was, Jim Tallet's J-33 Zapped. ('02 & 04 shtp)

I asked John if he had been either up the mast or under the boat while out sailing lately, but it appears not. Maybe Zapped is starting to act her age, or perhaps just not getting punished as badly....

Anyway, she has been renamed Presto! and is used mostly for local racing and a bit of cruising in the Gulf Islands.

A easy and suitable retirement for both John, and my friend Jim's old boat.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Bye for now.....Jim/Haulback

Hi Jim. Not John Bassingthwaite by any chance? That's the broker in Vancouver who sold me Solar Wind, at that time Andiamo.

Thanks one more time for the taxi service when my foot was giving me trouble in Hanalei. Next time you're in this area, let me know if you need a ride anywhere.

Max

Hey Max
    Yes it was/is John Bassingthwaite who now owns ex-Zapped.

As I said before..no problemo on the rides. That's one of the things RC is supposed to do in Hanalei.

Will be down In the Bay area this fall for the first leg of a future of endless cruising. Was hoping to begin retirement this year with one last SHTP, but shattered knee a year ago slowed me down for a few months and left me far enough behind the 8-ball there was no hope of catching up.

Back up to speed now however, and getting the boat ready for a late summer departure for sunnier climes and distant landfalls.

Will be watching the lead-up and preparations for this year's race with interest.

Bye for now ....Jim/Haulback