Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 TP Qualifier

Default 2012 TP Qualifier

Hey, I'm wondering who is planning to head out as a group on a qualifier sail in the next couple months... and when?

(I might go if the timing is right--no, Rob, I'm not entering the race! Or I might hang out at Drakes Bay and help with comm.)

Paul

Paul,

I am tentatively planning to do my qualifier around the end of April. I can't speak for everyone, but I know that "Cookie Jar", "Rushmoore", "Domino" and some others are also looking to do a qualifier as a group.

"LatePac" was great in 2010. We met up in Sausalito the night before, hung out and ate together and then all went out the gate together at about 4 AM to catch an ebb.

Best,

Ronnie

Moore 24 "US 101"

Default late pac

Hey guys

You can add Little Bo Peep to that list as well. I need a bit of a heads up since I have to fly in but count me in

Default Late PAC

Due to my shoulder injury (on the LONGPAC) I'm a long shot for doing the SHTP but would love to join in on the qualifier.
    CAL Twenty-Nine

Ronnie, et al .

Count me in but not on a J105 as originally planned. Bought a Quest 30 from Steve Taft but am looking at more like early to Mid-May. Need to learn to sail the thing first.

John
    Quest 30
    "Flight Risk"

As of 18:00, Whitall ("Slacker") had 69 miles to go to finish the 582nm Guadalupe Island Race, thus completing his SHTP qualifier. By the way, he's leading the race! Check the PSSA website for more info.

Go the Slack!

I am shooting for April 20 for the qualifier. Would love to coordinate with others if you are doing the same.

Ronnie, et al.

I also need to do a qualifier on my Quest 30. Am thinking Faralones Solo as a warm-up on 12 May and then qualifier a week or so later. Leaves a month to fix anything that breaks.

John

Quote Originally Posted by jlubimir View Post
    Ronnie, et al.

Am thinking Faralones Solo as a warm-up on 12 May and then qualifier a week or so later. Leaves a month to fix anything that breaks.

John
    I am running slightly behind schedule on boat prep and this is my new plan. 2010 we did it exactly 1 month before and I think this year will be the same way for US 101. John, i'd be happy to sail out the gate alongside you if the timing works.

cheers,

ronnie

Looks like i might be able to participate to SHTP. Keep your fingers crossed. Will do my best to take the boat up to SF for some practice races, and if time permits will join you (if more of you are doing it together) for "moral support" during your qualifier. I have just completed the Guadalupe Island race, so i am set to go!!!

Cheers

Jerome