Thread: Corinthian Race/ Belvedere Peninsula Pt

Default Corinthian Race/ Belvedere Peninsula Pt

In previous years a restriction was listed between G "3" fl G 4s and Belvedere Peninsula Pt.
    Having read the standing SI's NOR for 2012 and the SI's for Corinthian Race I see no such restriction.
    Did I miss something? SDK

steve, that is no longer restricted as of 2012. see you out there.

todd

There is a rock out there somewhere between the point and the buoy. Be careful if you are trying to sneak by there to get some flood relief.

Photo by Larry
    Attachment 128

Not the rock in between but watched the slow speed drama unfold as the gal with the Cal 20 or such bagged off the shore for a few minutes, luckily in benign conditions until she pushed herself off with a wooden or from the bow! Should have taken pics but I was kinds busy trying to miss said shore and rocky outcroppings.

and I am so grateful that you had no camera. as Gordie Nash and his wife slid past me slowly I said, "what do you think? should I tack?" "Nah", Gordie replied. "Just point high. The current will carry you 'round." Except that it didn't. What did I learn? that the water is deep right up to the rocks and to make my own decisions instead of following the recommendation of a local legend. It was my boat and I should have followed my inner "aaaaaaah!"

Sailing by braille gets the blood pumping. Now you know where not to go. Been there done that.