Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2012 SH Farallones

Eyrie will sail solo to the Farralones on May 12th too. Ronnie, I'll plan on heading out about 5 minutes ahead of you so that I can get some photos of you coming up from behind. After, we can talk about sail trim and stuff. Gotta whip you in shape for the puddle jump to Hanalei. Anyone else that wants to join and get sail trim tips from someone who plays a sailmaker on TV, I'll bring extra rolls of film for my smartphone.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

as someone who nearly died while serving this country, i will be damned when a government agency tells me i can't go offshore sailing. oooh, i'm getting all worked up right now...

thanks eyrie i'll take all the pointers i can get from you...

Default May 12 Farallon

I plan to be out there testing autopilot settings. Happy to snap photos of anyone.

is it going to ruffle too many feathers if i organize a singlehanded farallones cruise out on May 12, including division splits, trophies, t-shirts, recorded times and organized starts?

If you're going to do something that organized, you might wind up with the coast guard in your face. It would count as a marine event requiring a permit.

I am waiting to see what the new date for the sh farallones race is. If they do indeed just move it, then I will do that one--especially if there is also a replacement SSS race in the bay. If no word by May 12, I'll be out there too.

Realize that does not help you Ronnie as you are on a tight schedule.

bw

Seeing as how it's awfully hard to set good race dates even under normal conditions, much less shoehorning them in when the year is well underway, I have a feeling the most likely outcome is that we'll keep our scheduled dates but flip-flop the Farallones with our Sep. 8 race, which was a TBD course in the bay. Unfortunately it can be pretty quiet on the ocean in September.

Since any change is likely to mess with somebody's vacation schedule, not to mention the SHTP entrants who need ocean time in the spring, we may add a second throwout to the season scoring.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    Seeing as how it's awfully hard to set good race dates even under normal conditions, much less shoehorning them in when the year is well underway, I have a feeling the most likely outcome is that we'll keep our scheduled dates but flip-flop the Farallones with our Sep. 8 race, which was a TBD course in the bay. Unfortunately it can be pretty quiet on the ocean in September.

Since any change is likely to mess with somebody's vacation schedule, not to mention the SHTP entrants who need ocean time in the spring, we may add a second throwout to the season scoring.

Max
    Makes sense Max.

Quote Originally Posted by ronnie simpson View Post
    US 101 is sailing solo around the Farallones on May 12.
    I also prefer the ocean to the bay for May 12 (Elise, also #101).

I will be sailing out to the rockpile on the 12th of May, with Ruben G as crew.

Truth will sail on the 12th as well. If the race is off, let me know what GPS time you want to cross the line