Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May 12 substitute race set

Default May 12 substitute race set

Hi all,

Here's an update on our schedule shuffling and related issues:

1. We are racing on May 12. The Stand Down Marathon takes the place of the Singlehanded Farallones. If you already entered the SHF, by default you are now entered in the SDM. You may certainly withdraw your entry if this race doesn't interest you.

2. If you still want to sail around the Farallones on May 12, either for TransPac practice, to memorialize Low Speed Chase, as a protest against the standdown, or to look for puffins (I saw one last year), by all means do so. All we ask is that you withdraw your race entry so that we have the clearest idea whom to expect on the start line.

3. The race SIs will be posted shortly. Here's the Cliff Notes version: Singlehanded only. First gun 0900. Start and finish at GGYC. The course is Bonita buoy to port, all the way down to the San Mateo Bridge where you take R10 to port, then finish. Looks like about 44 miles.

4. The equipment requirements for ocean racing (SSI 8.b) do not apply.

5. The SDM is a season counter, but we're adding a second throwout for singlehanders.

6. We're working with GGYC to reschedule the Singlehanded Farallones. At this point the crystal ball says August 4 is the most likely date.

Questions? Suggestions? Gripes? Carry on.
    Max

Awesome Max! Thanks!

Thanks Max for the work in pulling this together.

Brian

[QUOTE=Critter;5448]Hi all,

Here's an update on our schedule shuffling and related issues:

Great to see SHF will be rescheduled...but Rainbow will still be enroute home from Hanalei on August 4, so it'll have to be next year for me.

Cliff

44mi around the bay. Count me in for the Singlehanded Stand Down Marathon. The additional sailing instructions are now posted but I like Max's short summary better. http://sfbaysss.org/2012/PDF/sdm2012.pdf
    Last edited by Matt; 05-04-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Max, thanks for sorting out an alternate. I have to admit I've never saild down near the San Mateo bridge. Should be interesting. However, the linked doc (both from the website front page and Tinker's link here) open up the SHF instructions. Just wanted to let you know.

John (Crazy Rhythm)

Default Link Repiared

Default LCDR Janszen at skippers meeting

LCDR DesaRae Janszen, Chief of Waterways for Vessel Traffic Service, will be at our skippers meeting Wednesday evening. She'll give us an an update on the Low Speed Chase investigation, talk about the offshore permitting process, and take any questions.
    Last edited by Critter; 05-08-2012 at 09:54 AM. Reason: error in capitalization

What is LCDR, Max?

Lieutenant Commander, I assume.