Thread: SSS Singlehanded Standdown Marathon

Default SSS Singlehanded Standdown Marathon

Got some great shots of the various singlehanded rigs with kites up yesterday from the boats
    in the SSS Stand down Marathon...would like to get the lowdown on some of the trick and techniques
    employed by the short handed folk....who wants to play?

erik@h2oshots.com

I'll let you know when the images are all sorted..

Cheers

Erik

Hi Erik-

Most of the things I do are described in the pdf by Andy Evans. http://sfbaysss.org/tipsbook/index.html?id=4

He describes and diagrams spinnaker handling including launch, douse, jibe all with a tether on. Looking forward to seeing your images from yesterday. I believe you took a few of Thumper.

I am interested to know from those who sailed if the wind was more from the west closer to the peninsula. I was in the middle of things at the San Mateo Bridge, but a bad rounding, a slow sail change, and some tacking on the east side of the bay, and next thing you know, I was back well after dark.

Thanks,
    Todd

No Handed Vessel ? Great product concept.

What great shots, Eric! Thank you for the coverage.

Whew...finally got the editing for gallery done...

http://h2oshots.smugmug.com/Sailing/...2957716_4hR575

Quote Originally Posted by todd22123 View Post
    Hi Erik-

Most of the things I do are described in the pdf by Andy Evans. http://sfbaysss.org/tipsbook/index.html?id=4

He describes and diagrams spinnaker handling including launch, douse, jibe all with a tether on. Looking forward to seeing your images from yesterday. I believe you took a few of Thumper.

I am interested to know from those who sailed if the wind was more from the west closer to the peninsula. I was in the middle of things at the San Mateo Bridge, but a bad rounding, a slow sail change, and some tacking on the east side of the bay, and next thing you know, I was back well after dark.

Thanks,
    Todd
    Thanks Todd...will revisit this shortly...

It was the 1st time I had the ability to get close enuf to a variety of boats and check out and record the various thought processes
    with hoisting and flying a kite solo handed...would be cool to know the different thoughts on do's and don'ts when solo kite flying and rationals be each..

Thanks!

Erik

Cool video . After rounding 10 I was headed for Coyote Point and the though of sailing to the finish, then coming back ,well I just went home.
    I was out of beer.
    Catch 22
    Last edited by Chai D.M.; 05-16-2012 at 11:50 PM.