Thread: What happened to that other girl?

Default What happened to that other girl?

This enquiring mind wants to know. I knew John Hayward was recusing himself on philosophical grounds, but what happened to Lilya? Huh?

Lilya had to drop due to some family issues. She says she'll be ultra prepared (and early too) for '14.

First, THANK YOU for calling me a girl. Second, yes, lost a dear family member and that took some serious time out of boat prep.
    Also, I was stuck on a last minute hiring committee that also took away serious boat prep time. All in all, I will be ready for 2014 momentarily.
    Counting the months....

Of course you don't owe me any explanations at all, however I was looking foward to your logs and now to reading Jen's during the transpac. George's logs were great, so were AJ's during the 2010 race, Ronnie's were scary and so I'm thinking: do women blather more or less? Do they provision more chocolate? Are their SSB communications laced with profanities? Serious stuff like that.

I can see lacing expletives into SSB communication by reverting to my native tongue (Russian) so as to not be fined. I’d forget the chocolate and go for a fine cab, although my bilge will only accommodate tiny bottles from airplanes, hardly enough to use as an anesthetic and since the Olson’s interior is Bauhaus sparse, I would be tripping over a wine refer let alone the blasted jockstraps (OK, Olson owners, help me out in explaining why there is a need for calling the chain plate to mast step connection that).
    I am sure my blathering would include excerpts about my tig welding or machining skills as something would fatigue its way back into my machine shop (please don’t mention this to any of my ex-students). But we won’t know until 2014. Although I will be heading South to at least San Diego (unless Coast Guard Docs arrive soon allowing me to cross that border) in order to test the new rig, all of the electronics and the new paint. I definitely will be at the same latitude as the rest of the pack and most likely will don a few Hawaiian shirts in honor of the fleet. Luckily the freeze dried food I bought will last beyond the next race!