Thread: SSB Test - Saturday May 26

Default SSB Test - Saturday May 26

The good people at the Vic-Maui race are conducting a SSB test net during the Swiftsure race, and all interested boats are invited to participate. They will be testing on several frequencies, and I think that we might have a chance to get through to them on Channel 8A (1830 PDT / 0130 UTC).

Here is their test plan: http://www.sailvalis.com/presentatio...SSB%20Test.pdf

Especially if you couldn't participate in our Opening Day test net, this could be a good opportunity to give your SSB a workout.

VALIS will be on the hard, but I will be recording this net with a receiver at my house. I may or may not be able to pick up anything, but if I do I will make the recording available in case you want to hear what you sound like over the air.

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Thanks for the heads up Paul -- the last net was not too good for me, I'm not sure if I have a sucky radio or there was just too much urban noise. We should be well off the cost Saturday afternoon though coming home from Spin Cup, the timing is perfect.

Default Anybody on frequency ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Elliott View Post
    The good people at the Vic-Maui race are conducting a SSB test net during the Swiftsure race, and all interested boats are invited to participate. They will be testing on several frequencies, and I think that we might have a chance to get through to them on Channel 8A (1830 PDT / 0130 UTC).

Here is their test plan: http://www.sailvalis.com/presentatio...SSB%20Test.pdf

Especially if you couldn't participate in our Opening Day test net, this could be a good opportunity to give your SSB a workout.

VALIS will be on the hard, but I will be recording this net with a receiver at my house. I may or may not be able to pick up anything, but if I do I will make the recording available in case you want to hear what you sound like over the air.
    1830, 8294 KHz, no one on frequency ??

I couldn't hear anything from my house (near Bodega Bay).

I will try to arrange another test before the SHTP start.

I heard one station on 8294 at 1835, but he was weak. I was near SFO at the time.