Thread: Tracking and return logs?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tracking and return logs?

I see MOONSHADOW has started the return trip...the tracker is still transmitting. Anyone know if there will be return logs and tracking for all the boats returning to the West coast or just for those who forgot to remove the tracker....?

Trackers for the return trip were arranged at the option of each skipper. As boats get underway, my sources indicate you should also see GREEN BUFFALO, TORTUGA, MOUTON NOIR, HARRIER and RED SKY appearing on the tracking page for the "TransBack," and perhaps others.

The Black Sheep is headed for Alaska as I recall, and the General will be headed for So-Cal (MDR I think). The trackers' batteries can be recharged but not all have had the means to do so. Consequently the normal caveat: Don't panic if a boat stops transmitting.

Logs will depend on whether the skippers feel chatty.

FYI, 34 knots right now in Gale Alley. Keep these guys in mind.
    Last edited by BobJ; 07-23-2012 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks for that Bob. Do you know what frequency they will be using for SSB check ins?
    Thanks again

I don't, but in the past we've kept the same frequencies and shed-dule as during the race.

Before long the web guy will switch the tracking page from the TransPac to the TransBack and you'll see more boats.

Default TransBack Tracking Page

How come there are no transback updates or blogs. I know Green Buffalo is sending updates.