Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Half Moon Bay Race

I could have sworn I heard Jimmy and Russell doing the same thing on live TV.

So did anyone hit the bricks? Anyone over early? My morbid curiosity had me wondering how that start went off.

I'm pretty sure nobody hit anything. And nobody was called over early, though I hear rumors that the RC was a bit lenient on that score.

I found it very difficult to judge where I wanted to be, so I was quite conservative. I sure hope we don't have to do anything like this next year! Unless, as Pat B. suggested, we can get Stan Honey to put a yellow line on the water.
    Last edited by Critter; 08-27-2012 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Improved vocabulary

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Quote Originally Posted by Critter View Post
    though I hear rumors that the RC was a bit lenient on that score.
    We had fun handling the flags for the first time on the deck.

As to a repeat of the experience, I believe that the Vallejo 1-2 dates also conflict with the ACWS October races, though the start off Richmond should keep us out of harm's way. After all, nobody wants to be T-boned by the world's highest-paid sailor!

Default It would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by pogen View Post
    We had fun handling the flags for the first time on the deck.

As to a repeat of the experience, I believe that the Vallejo 1-2 dates also conflict with the ACWS October races, though the start off Richmond should keep us out of harm's way. After all, nobody wants to be T-boned by the world's highest-paid sailor!
    It would be awesome to have one of those boats plant a bow in my stern and I would relish the protest meeting as well. Just think of the fun you could have with the press.

How was the Pac Cup ?

Brian

pogen is offline Sailing canoe "Kūʻaupaʻa"

Quote Originally Posted by brianb View Post
    It would be awesome to have one of those boats plant a bow in my stern and I would relish the protest meeting as well. Just think of the fun you could have with the press.

How was the Pac Cup ?

Brian
    Well we broke our A/P and pussed out on sailing home. Some great sailing though especially the last few days. We learned a lot, though we didn't place too well!