Thread: Slacker Video

Default Slacker Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uvgmJNxTZc

Memories
    - Tom Watson helping me with a spinnaker net.
    - Red Sky, Bandicoot, and Flight Risk flying by shortly after the start.
    - Passing under the Gate!
    - Green Buffalo emerging through the fog outside the Gate, moving like a freight train.
    - Crossing tacks in the fog with Red Sky, Bandicoot, Green Buffalo, and Flight Risk.
    - Not eating much the first few days.
    - Being surprised at the cloudy weather.
    - Having difficulty with squalls.
    - Watching Idefix disappear behind a squall.
    - Not being able to keep up with the stampeding Green Buffalo.
    - Seeing the splendor of the Milky Way.
    - Liking dehydrated food.
    - Watching my forestay waggle when the spinnaker refilled after collapsing
    - Yelling at the autopilot: "You got that?" as Slacker rounded up into a broach
    - Finishing at 3am with squalls around, and Rob still joining me onboard in the rain.
    - Spending time with Jim Quanci & Brian Boschma in Hanalei.
    - Dinner with Peter Heidelberg and friends in Hanalei.
    - Watching the SHTP Team take responsibilty for Bela Bartok's safe landing on Oahu.
    - Tom Watson's Birthday cake and Peter's teenage sex joke at the Awards Party.

Cheers Everyone!

That is a fun video to watch, Whitall. Thanks. Congratulations. Is there any chance that you will be coming to the final SSS meeting of the year? It will double as the trophy meeting after Vallejo 1-2: it will be October 17 at the Oakland Yacht Club. We're asking all 2012 Bug Lighters to share their race experiences and/or videos and pics. It would be great to hear your story.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    That is a fun video to watch, Whitall. Thanks. Congratulations. Is there any chance that you will be coming to the final SSS meeting of the year? It will double as the trophy meeting after Vallejo 1-2: it will be October 17 at the Oakland Yacht Club. We're asking all 2012 Bug Lighters to share their race experiences and/or videos and pics. It would be great to hear your story.
    I'll have to ask the boss. Mid-week is awkward, but maybe I can mix some business in...

Great video summary Whitall, i enjoyed watching.
    Steve
    FROLIC

Whitall, again, "Two Thumbs Up"!

Guys, is it also ok for the loosers to come on October 27th? My story is not as cool as Slacker but I'd love to share it....not sure I can yet pull it off since I live in Los Angeles....

Hope all of you are well - by the way, we are organizing another singlehanded transpac, this time out of Los Angeles, next year (2013) but for Minis only ;-)

Heck yes Jerome! Anyway, I don't recall reading about any losers. Hope you can make it!
    Max

I'll pick up one or both of you guys at the Oakland airport if that will help. It's the 17th, right (not the 27th)?