Thread: SHTP 2012 videos

Default SHTP 2012 videos

Here are a couple video's that were shared at the final SSS meeting.

One more video still to come as it's being revised by Mrs. RUSHMOORE.

Enjoy. Thanks for a great summer SSS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9iPLKpwPyo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNkSNlj7pH0

Awesome videos Ruben!!!! Your Transpac video definitely wins in the "makes me want to do another SHTP" category, haha. Great photos from post-race and tree time.

Question, was your really fast surfing footage from day 13-15, or day 10-13?? Because you had 3 days in a row where you gained like 6, 10 and 16 miles on me and i'm wondering if that footage is from then or if it's from the final approach to Kauai? How much breeze were you in at 1:40- 2:00 into the film? is that a squall? You are really lit up dude! Loving it Ruben!!!! Making me not want to sell my boat...

Moore <3

Ronnie! Fast surfing footage were from days 10-13. Spinnaker pole is a good identifier of days, as the duct tape in the center indicates dates 13-15...this is when the second pole broke and was fixed. I know I was gaining on you a little bit, but you were way too far out ahead of me, so no chance, but it was fun trying! And yes, that was one of many squalls I experienced on the trip over, fun stuff. Don't sell the boat if you don't have to - you and I both know how special these little boats are!

Have fun in les Sables d’Olonne covering the Vendee Globe! We are looking forward to reading about your coverage of the event!
    Last edited by Sparky; 10-30-2012 at 12:16 PM.

I shared the Bela Bartok video with Joan. We both checked in often while that was taking place, and she was really glad to see the footage.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Great video of the Bela Bartok rescue. From the music during the boarding phase I half-expected to see a guy on a Jet ski drive up with machine gun blazing - a la James Bond.

Thank you for sharing these videos