Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Bit of News

Yes, oh wise one. After descending the mast, proceed to houseboat at 10 E Pier and call the series of magic numbers that will be shared with you by the raven haired, etherial creature swaddled in sail cloth. The magic numbers will work on any celestial devive with free nation-wide calling. The information you need will then be revealed.

Ergo

I'm in for Sunday. Hey Bill, would you like us to try to install the vane and aux. tank? Or just get them on board?
    Max

Thanks, Max. Yes and yes. The vane takes two nuts and two bolts which are attached to the vane. The Aux. tank takes two straps, that are on the boat.

To all concerned: This is a huge help and very much appreciated.

Bill Merrrick

I'll come take photos and supervise the workers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo View Post
    Yes, oh wise one. After descending the mast, proceed to houseboat at 10 E Pier and call the series of magic numbers that will be shared with you by the raven haired, etherial creature swaddled in sail cloth. The magic numbers will work on any celestial devive with free nation-wide calling. The information you need will then be revealed.

Ergo
    This sounds like fun!
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Even more fun than I would have imagined. One suggestion. The photos are a super idea. I wish I had more of them but if Philpott is going to do that AND supervice then someone needs to take video for YouTube. "Supervising" this gaggle is worth documenting. I know from my turn "in the barrel" as COMMODORE.

I'm going to e-mail Synthia later today with a list of things boat, things Blue Pekican and things up for grabs.

bILL

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    I'll come take photos and supervise the workers.
    I wasn't sure what you meant so I looked this up in the SSS handbook

su·per·vise**
    /ˈso͞opərˌvīz/
    Verb
    Observe and direct the execution of (a task, project, or activity).
    Observe and direct the work of (someone), and supply donuts.

Wow, I never understood the full extent of the definition.

sYnThIa
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Ah yes, the oft-quoted, not yet published SSS handbook. The sailor's etch a sketch. Donuts are yummy, but cleaning sails - now that's a real contribution

Damn, I miss being COMMODORE - never thought I'd actually say that. There was a handbook?

Synthia has the list. Thank you all so much. I never liked asking for help and it's a very humbling (in a good way) experience, like sailing.

Bill Merrick

The gang assembled at ERGO at 1 pm. Tie-dyed shirts seemed to be the dress theme.

BobJ and AlanH retrieved the windvane and spare fuel tank. Syn and crew hoisted sails, and made repairs to the main. Headsails and bumblebee colored spinnys evaluated, labeled as to condition and folded. Jacki appeared with do-nuts while Phil attended to the engine and zincs and Max, AlanH, Ruben and BobJ mounted the windvane and helped unload the boat. Plaques were removed from the bulkhead.

Lockers and drawers were emptied and gear piled and sorted on the dock. Some gear, including anchor, solar panels, and drogue, are going to Blue Pelican with Ruben. Syn took two sails home for repair. The folded sails, life raft, sheets, windvane, spare fuel tank, compass, emergency steering, spare prop, and engine spares were returned aboard ERGO. Skip will see the SSB/ham radios, tuner, and antenna go to a good home. The rest of the equipment was sorted and dispersed.

It was fine, warm weather for a work party. Among the gang of 10 were eight SHTP vets. In attendance: Max, Phil, Bob J, SSS Commodore Jim Quanci, Jacki, Ruben, Alan H, Frank Anzak, Synbad, Skip.
    Last edited by sleddog; 11-04-2012 at 11:06 PM.