Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Bit of News

I am available for work party/get together when it gets scheduled. I couldn't help it, but I had to call Bill after reading the news, and he is in great spirits and as positive as can be considering the circumstances. It's really great knowing the support he has in Mississippi is as strong as that in San Francisco. Looking forward to giving ERGO a clean up as well as seeing friends.

Thank you all so much. Wow, Synthia, that's an amazing offer. Alan, are you sure you can't buy her?

OK. The boat is being cleaned by a detailer guy. The broker, John Saul, at BearMark Yachts set that up. He needed to get her ready for photos, etc. so that should be done, maybe as I type.

There are still some odds and ends and it would be great if one of you would volunteer to be Skipper of this motley crew.

Things to do:

1. The windvane and Aux. fuel tank are at our house (which is literally a stone's throw from ERGO). They need to get to the boat.

2. There are a bunch of things (jack lines, boom brake, etc.) on the boat that need to be gathered up and taken to Blue Pelican for sale.

3. I rebuilt the commode about four years ago but have never used it. I'm a bucket guy and I made the mistake of letting a guy crew who just had to have a working shitter. Most folks would probably be on his side of that argument, so having a working head could make her easier to sell.

4. There are participant plaques from '04 and '06 on a bulkhead below. I don't think the new owner deserves to have those. Unless, of course, the new owner is Alan or someone like him.

5. Clean out the amazing amount of stuff that accumulates below.

6. Check the engine zinks and liquid in the batteries.

That's pretty much it. Who want's to be skipper?

Bill Merrick

I can get there Sunday about 1 after the board transition meeting, or possibly Saturday. Still at the bottom of the ramp behind Club Nautique?

I could be there some part of next weekend as well, if I'm not out on I-5 in a U-Haul, bringing my Mom's stuff up here. She has her DMV test on Thursday - then I'll know.

It would be good if one of you over Marin-way could coordinate this with Bill and the Harbormaster.

Don't I wish. Ergo is way more boat than I can afford, I'm afraid....

OK, I can be there Sunday (Nov. 4th) about 1:00 - 3:00, maybe 3:30 as well. If Synthia can't make it Sunday afternoon, we could load the sails in my truck and I'll get them to her house next week, sometime. I'll have to leave by 3:30 at the latest to make a dinner with Joans cousin, who is in town from Montana.

I don't actually know exactly where Ergo is berthed, so I'll need some specific directions.

Another option for me would be Saturday Nov. 10th, I *think* pretty much all day is available. I nominate Max as skipper. I'll be the navigator, though. :lol:

Bill, if you pass along a mailing address, I can mail the SHTP participation plaques to you, or if you want, can leave them at the house.
    Last edited by AlanH; 10-30-2012 at 11:02 AM.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

I can make this Sunday at 1300.

*** Remember, Daylight Saving Time Ends that morning *****
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. Be amazed at the friends you have here on your trip.
    Ride, captain ride upon your mystery ship. On your way to a world that others might have missed.
    ~ Blues Image

Thank you. Here's the plan. Sunday at about 1:00 pm-ish.
    Ergo is first boat at bottom of ramp (slip B-1) at Kappas Marina in Sausalito.
    Find Synthia. She has the plan.
    Should take about 2 hours but since it's a boat it WILL take four days and cost each of you several thousand dollars.

Please let this post live on the home screen for about a day.

Bill Merrick

Now that I think about it, I've been to Ergo's slip before. It was just a long time ago.

Does anybody in the crew know where Bills' house is?

Yes. When you get to Ergo, climb up the mast, look WSW, my house is the yellow and white one about 650 feet in that direction. If you have any environmental awareness, at all, you'd never drive between the two. Since you'll be hauling a windvane and aux. fuel tank back to the boat defonotely drive.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Ergo View Post
    Yes. When you get to Ergo, climb up the mast, look WSW, my house is the yellow and white one about 650 feet in that direction. If you have any environmental awareness, at all, you'd never drive between the two. Since you'll be hauling a windvane and aux. fuel tank back to the boat defonotely drive.

Bill
    I think I can figure that out!

OK, and someone has a way to get inside so we can schlepp stuff hither, thither and yon?

Just saw the ad on Craigslist.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/3378636000.html