Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: A Bit of News

Go Ergo !

Name:  ergo3.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  93.4 KB

What a great picture Greg. Thanks for that. If I could have my wife express in a painting all that is shown in that picture, it would be a great work of art.

I have had some difficulty lately with how best to fulfill one of Bill's request's, not to mention just some difficulty lately.

Bill asked me a while back to scour through the forum and SSS web pages for relevant and useful information from previous Singlehanded TransPac forum posts to post in an SSS library. This is still a work in progress. But I did do this recently. I entered "Merrick" in that search box you see in the upper right corner of the screen. Then, I copied and pasted all of Bill's useful and wise posts into one file. It's very amusing, informative, heart wrenching but I think you all might like to read it. Bill's SSS Forum Posts This file is also a work in progress like a lot of things and I hope to add more to it from the TransPac Logs, links to pictures... Anyone that would like to contribute content can send me a message or email.

Matt

I was just re-reading my log from the 2006 Transpac over the weekend. In it were several anecdotes from Bill who I checked in with at noon each day on the SSB while we were floating around on glass seas the first week plus. One afternoon he checked in with a chuckle in his voice. He had just extricated himself from inside his lazarette which had closed and latched shut while he was inside fixing a steering issue. He was good humored about it to say the least. I had the heebie jeebies for the rest of the day!

Here's a link to some video of Ergo passing me on our way back to the barn during the 2009 Longpac. He declined my offer of a hot dog if he slowed down.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyh_jWWkZkI

Fair winds Bill!

Chris
    s/v Carroll E
    Last edited by ChrisH; 05-13-2013 at 11:19 AM.