Thread: Tbf phrf

Default Tbf phrf

Will a 2012 PHRF cert. be OK for the Three Bridge Fiasco? Or do we need to renew?

If you only want to sail the Fiasco with us, you don't need a PHRF. This is because we want to encourage sailors new to racing to sail with us, so we waive the PHRF requirement one time. The Fiasco is a fun race, and alot of people find it intriguing. Nonthreatening. Accessible. The directions are easy (dude. go whichever way you want.) If you plan to race with the SSS again during the season you'll need to get a PHRF before the next race (unless your boat is a one design). Remember, Jonathan: I'm watching you.

oh cool, Wafi rates 165 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    If you only want to sail the Fiasco with us, you don't need a PHRF. This is because we want to encourage sailors new to racing to sail with us, so we waive the PHRF requirement one time. The Fiasco is a fun race, and alot of people find it intriguing. Nonthreatening. Accessible. The directions are easy (dude. go whichever way you want.) If you plan to race with the SSS again during the season you'll need to get a PHRF before the next race (unless your boat is a one design). Remember, Jonathan: I'm watching you.
    All I remember is Laura at the YRA getting swamped with new certs all at once last year and burning out.
    And now I can put that Mumm 30 keel and mast on Stink Eye without claiming it. Thanks!

I just got my 2013 cert. You can renew online (now via jibeset). Just don't wait for the last day.

So many troublemakers in this crowd. Rule breakers. Bad Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Travieso View Post
    I just got my 2013 cert. You can renew online (now via jibeset). Just don't wait for the last day.

I'm on it. 3 sec/mile credit for renewing by 12/31 and an additional 3 sec/mile for doing it through Jibeset. Thanks Larry! (I mean Ray.)