Thread: New to this forum

Default New to this forum

Hi, I'm from the Netherlands and have been lurking here for a while.
    This website and forum is a great source for information. Thanks!
    I sail my 22ft Peter Bruun Danish designed quarter tonner and double ender "Marsvin" named "Sunday morning sunrise" mostly solo on the North Sea.
    Here is a small video of my trip last summer:

http://youtu.be/ExvDL1D1z18
    Best regards and happy sailing!
    Last edited by Sunday; 12-16-2012 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Repair of link to YouTube

Welcome to the forum Sunday! Your video does not seem to work...looking forward to seeing it

I enjoyed your film very much. Thanks for sharing it and welcome to the forums.

I enjoyed your film, too. Is Mr Vee a brand of windvane or your name for it? I notice that your boat is very simply appointed. What was the temperature during your trip? Did you have any type of radar/ais? Thank you for sharing and welcome to the forum. Jackie

Philpott: Mr Vee is a brand of wind vane steering. (http://www.mrvane.com) extremely light weight!
    "Simply appointed" what does that mean? Or: yes, my small boat has a minimalist approach, although equipped with N2K network, high tech solar system and 270Ah at 24V of lithium batteries for navigation and electric propulsion.
    The temperature was around 14C = 57F.
    I do not have radar, but I do have ais receiver.
    I have a complete NMEA2000 network on board coupled to wifi. This is received by iPad: screenshots in YouTube are from iPad.
    Last edited by Sunday; 12-17-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Small correction

I just uploaded a youtube of my summertrip of 1200 solomiles sailing in the English channel last summer.

Great to meet you, Sunday!

Looks like you've completed your 400 mile Qualifier to enter the SSS Singlehanded TransPac. Can I plan to see you at the Start next June?

Lucie