Page 16 of 49 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Surprise!

DD15, which is a Jefa DU-DD1 with rudder sensor added
    We used one for test purposes. Very interesting drive unit. Very robust. Is the new code sail "cableless"?

Quote Originally Posted by solosailor View Post
    Is the new code sail "cableless"?
    Yes, North calls it their "Helix" luff - similar to what your Doyle guys have had for awhile. It still has a small cord in the luff to help with furling.

Name:  Code 56-2.JPG
Views: 1618
Size:  954.8 KB

That looks like a bobsled run. Are you sure it’s a sail?
    Last edited by Philpott; 08-12-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Well THAT's a surprise!

Name:  Stinkpotter.JPG
Views: 1187
Size:  613.9 KB

I guess that means you’re not bringing me a burger king to eat on DM in Benicia? Oh well, first they get the electric winches, then a “powerboat”. You look like a drug dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    I guess that means you’re not bringing me a burger king to eat on DM in Benicia?
    Walk to 1st street, turn right. take a left at Military, and then a right on W 7th street. Go under 780, and the Burger King is near the Starbucks and the Raley's.

Quote Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
    Walk to 1st street, turn right. take a left at Military, and then a right on W 7th street. Go under 780, and the Burger King is near the Starbucks and the Raley's.
    Thank you, Brad. I’m eating a chicken, walnut, feta and apple salad w a cafe latte instead. The alternative to free burger king purchased w coupons.

I read in the newspaper that California’s marijuana tax revenue has proven elusive because people continue to get pot from their known suppliers. Here in Benicia the Bob to Boat delivery service is equally inadequate. For food I had to resort to a restaurant here in town instead. And I had to walk three whole blocks from the Marina!!!
    Last edited by Philpott; 08-19-2019 at 04:07 PM.

Sorry, I don't represent my home town very well. I'm glad you found some lunch - First Street Cafe?

We just got back from Big Bear Lake. Sailboats were limited to a few Hobie Cats and a Mini Fish. So to keep the fam' happy I stooped to renting a stinkpot. I almost crashed into a couple boats while exiting the marina - the throttle was touchy. Yeah, that was it - a touchy throttle.

Those legs in the background are plastic. They rent them to you with the boat, so you can look like a drug dealer.

Latitude 38 just posted this. Somehow it reminded me of driving the patio boat at Big Bear Lake.

As often happens, the blue sailboat won this race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTYTrWKYUQg

Kame always said the SSS Vallejo 1-2 should be the "Vallejo 2-1" because sailing up with a chute is harder than beating back down. So I propose a new SSS race: "The Sears Point 2 - 1." Race double handed from Richmond to Black Point at the mouth of the Petaluma River for the "2 Race." Haul out onto trailers, drive up to Sears Point Raceway for the "1 Race" around their road course pulling the boats in their trailers. It would be much more fun than just going around an oval 50 times. Since Sears Point has lost NASCAR, they just might be interested.