Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

Thread: Interested in a boat for 2018 TransPac

Thanks for posting so much during your journey. I've been following from the beginning and it's been great to read.

Just a lurker here, dreaming of some day doing the race.

Greg of Nightmare took a few very nice pictures of DE ... The B&W is on my phone and has me dreaming every time I check it ... I wanna go ...

Name:  IMG_1735.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  2.62 MB

Name:  IMG_1743.jpg
Views: 882
Size:  960.8 KB

Name:  IMG_1805.jpg
Views: 981
Size:  2.86 MB

Name:  IMG_1742.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  2.03 MB

A few weeks ago, at the Spinnaker Sailing school of Redwood City's instructors' meeting, I did a presentation on my little adventure: https://docs.google.com/presentation...zGEn0OoLXVM0lw

As a follow-up I was invited to present at the NASA sailing club in November.

I miss sailing my boat and having a goal ... These days I sail from South Bay on a Merit 25, heading for the San Mateo bridge, hoping for the sea's horizon. Then turn around and sail home to ... To what? I think Moitessier's "to save my soul" is resonating now.

Ah, did you join Spinnaker Sailing? You know, you have the skillset and experience to work for them and teach ASA Basic sailing 101 and 103. I did, fifteen years ago.
    1968 Selmer Series 9 B-flat and A clarinets
    1962 Buesher "Aristocrat" tenor saxophone
    Piper One Design 24, Hull #35; "Alpha"

Quote Originally Posted by jamottep View Post
    A few weeks ago, at the Spinnaker Sailing school of Redwood City's instructors' meeting, I did a presentation on my little adventure: https://docs.google.com/presentation...zGEn0OoLXVM0lw

As a follow-up I was invited to present at the NASA sailing club in November.

I miss sailing my boat and having a goal ... These days I sail from South Bay on a Merit 25, heading for the San Mateo bridge, hoping for the sea's horizon. Then turn around and sail home to ... To what? I think Moitessier's "to save my soul" is resonating now.
    Here Here, Brother

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    Here Here, Brother
    The three months before the race absorbed a lot of bandwidth. I didn't know that the three months after would as well. Working on it.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Ah, did you join Spinnaker Sailing? You know, you have the skillset and experience to work for them and teach ASA Basic sailing 101 and 103. I did, fifteen years ago.
    Spinnaker Sailing is where I learned to sail and later got my credentials to teach ASA 101/103 ... It's not paying much :-)

I paid someone on Fiverr to create a video clip out of my GoPro shots. Here's the result, which I think is pretty good for less then $100 (the informed will notice that it's not ordered time wise; that was not a request):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJH_HJrdGuo

The presentation I put together for the NASA Ames sailing club: https://docs.google.com/presentation...t?usp=drivesdk

Nice video , thanks for sharing.