Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Seminars

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post
    Besides putting this 11/15 seminar on your calendar, now would be a good time to do as Mike just did and state your intentions regarding 2018 or a future SHTP. This would help me plan the content based on types of boats, etc.

Comments/questions?
    I'm in for both: 11/15/2017 at IYC, and 6/23/2018 at the start line.

As far as the seminar goes, the agenda sounds great, but it would be really nice if we had the 2018 RRC by then. It doesn't seem prudent to be spending money based on the notion that the SER for 2018 will be exactly the same as 2016.
    Lee
    s/v Morning Star
    Valiant 32

Love this idea! Anyone know how people who cannot attend in person can participate in these? Will there be a Google Hangout or something?

I'll be at the Nov 15 seminar, and with the continued mighty assistance from Michael Jefferson (who I understand also plans to go on Mouton Noir), Kynntana and I will be at the start line in June

(Does anyone else have butterflies just thinking about it already....?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    I'll be at the Nov 15 seminar, and with the continued mighty assistance from Michael Jefferson (who I understand also plans to go on Mouton Noir), Kynntana and I will be at the start line in June

(Does anyone else have butterflies just thinking about it already....?)
    I get butterflies thinking about thinking about it.

Ha ha wait till the pre race skippers meeting, everyone is looking around the room at each other thinking are these people CRAZY! Am I crazy? Good God, I am going to get on that boat in an hour and sail to Hawaii with a bunch of crazy people. Well, at least normal people are thinking that. There are a few that are really crazy, those are the cool and collected ones, you can pick them out, easy. Example, David Garman was sitting next to me, he was typing away at a Toughbook during the weather briefing looking like he was writing a work email, cool as a cucumber. Not only that, he's sailing a Santa Cruz 27 more than 2000 miles. I'm thinking a big PVC pipe with a toughbook, and Dave, in it.....he wasn't the only one...now there's C.R.A.Z.Y.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanRhone View Post
    Love this idea! Anyone know how people who cannot attend in person can participate in these? Will there be a Google Hangout or something?
    Sean, if the SSS powers to be don't have something already cooked up, I can Skype it. I think the way I can do that with multiple people is for me to connect with each of them in a group (so I'd need everyone's Skype name) and then share the screen.

Thanks Gamayun! Looking forward to these!

Quote Originally Posted by BobJ View Post

Besides putting this 11/15 seminar on your calendar, now would be a good time to do as Mike just did and state your intentions regarding 2018 or a future SHTP. This would help me plan the content based on types of boats, etc.
    OK, Bob

You can probably put me down for 11/15 and a definite maybe for 6/23.

Bill Meanley
    sv Dolfin, Pacific Seacraft 37
    San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    OK, Bob

You can probably put me down for 11/15 and a definite maybe for 6/23.

Bill Meanley
    sv Dolfin, Pacific Seacraft 37
    San Diego
    Well Bill, if you go again, don't forget to pack some extra Negra Modelo. You never know when a marina rat might show up in Nawiliwili looking for some free beer.

Bob, I will be there (IYC that is) on the 15th.

Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    OK, Bob You can probably put me down for 11/15 and a definite maybe for 6/23. Bill Meanley sv Dolfin, Pacific Seacraft 37
    San Diego
    Excellent. Another Pacific Seacraft 37. Again. That's seventeen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    Well Bill, if you go again, don't forget to pack some extra Negra Modelo. You never know when a marina rat might show up in Nawiliwili looking for some free beer.
    Good memory Mike. Actually I was expecting to collect on the three beer debt you owe me from last time.

Bill Meanley
    sv Dolfin