Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SHTP Results Update 1978-Present

Quote Originally Posted by dolfinbill View Post
    Gee Carliane, that does put you in a very select group. And the way I see it, in two years you could be the only female in the history of the world to have done it twice.

Bill
    That is a most excellent point, Bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Philpott View Post
    That is a most excellent point, Bill!
    Well, that's that then.

Carliane, you are going in 2020!

We now have the first confirmed participant in the 2020 SHTP. And a new record will be established. Yea!!

The SHTP - it's like Lay's potato chips.

Hi Mike, I think your idea is super and I have already made some additions to the initial set of survey questions you sent.

Bill
    Ok, cool. I am reaching out to the guy who did the surveys I was referring to. I want to see if he will share the methodology he used. Should have some feedback in a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by mike cunningham View Post
    Ok, cool. I am reaching out to the guy who did the surveys I was referring to. I want to see if he will share the methodology he used. Should have some feedback in a couple of days.
    Got feedback on survey tool and am working on initial template.

Gee Carliane, that does put you in a very select group. And the way I see it, in two years you could be the only female in the history of the world to have done it twice.

Bill
    I was looking for the spreadsheet from this feed and noticed your comment, Bill, and need to make a correction. Linda Newland was the first (and only) woman to have done the SHTP twice. Her former name was Linda Weber-Rettie. She didn't stop with that race either. She also sailed solo from SF to Kobe, Japan, and still holds the record (52 days) for a woman's solo transpacific crossing. And this was the whole ocean, too....not just half of one, as someone said to me once.

Linda Newland was the first (and only) woman to have done the SHTP twice.
    I stand corrected. Oh well, you can still be the second but then you would probably have to sail all the way to New Zealand to cross the "whole ocean". I think the SHTP is fine just the way it is. By the way - with all your "admin control" power, maybe you can change the name of this thread to be "SHTP Results 1978 to Present".

DolfinBill

By the way - with all your "admin control" power, maybe you can change the name of this thread to be "SHTP Results 1978 to Present".

DolfinBill
    Ha, ha. It wasn't me that made the title change. Someone probably thought it best to not let me tinker with things like that.

I'm actually thinking of doing the PacCup next year with two women friends. Does that kinda count?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamayun View Post
    I'm actually thinking of doing the PacCup next year with two women friends. Does that kinda count?
    That absolutely counts. I was thinking of just flying over to Kauai next year to shake everyones hand and pat them on the back. I know that doesn't count - unless maybe I go out on the Sea Squirrel at 3am.

What kind of nut finishes a race at 3 am!? , oh wait....