Registration is open for the Vallejo 1-2
Last race of the season!!
The Singlehanded Trans Pacific Yacht Race
The incredible singlehanded sailors!
Back row L-R, Falk Meissner, John Wilkerson, Jamey Wylly, Brendan Huffman
Front L-R, Will Lee, Robb Walker, Bill Stange, Cliff Shaw, Jim Quanci
Not pictured, Kyle Vanderspek, Reed Bernhard
The June 19 start of the 2021 Singlehanded Trans Pacific Yacht Race is rapidly approaching.
Boats are arriving at Richmond Yacht Club.
Final preparations being completed.
Trackers and communications being tested.
Here’s the webcam in Hanalei where we can see you arrive!
Membership only registration is still open for 2021 year.
Why should I join if I cannot enter the season opener? Your membership allows us to carry on with our planned races and events for this year. And, it’s still a good bang for the buck! Thank you! https://www.jibeset.net/JACKY000.php?RG=T038126744
Standing Sailing Instructions
The 2021 Singlehanded Sailing Society calendar is here!
Get ready for another exciting year of racing in the San Francisco Bay and beyond!
2021 SSS Race Calendar
Three Bridge Fiasco – January 30th
Corinthian Race – February 27th
Round the Rocks – March 27th
Singlehanded North Bay (non points race) – April 24th
Singlehanded Farallones – May 15th
Singlehanded Trans Pacific Race– June 19th
Drakes Bay Race – August 28th & 29th
Half Moon Bay – September 11th
Vallejo 1/2 Race – October 16th & 17th
Standing Sailing Instructions
SSS COVID-19 Regatta Participation Guidelines
Racing will be conducted in compliance with all relevant county health orders and any additional site-specific regulations in effect at the time of each event that are detailed in the event’s Sailing Instructions (SIs).
General Procedures and Practices for Race Participants
- That exhibit symptoms of COVID-19 are directed to stay home and not participate in any activity that may risk the exposure of others.
- Should maintain a safe distance of at least 6 feet from anyone outside of their household or social bubble* before, during, and after any SSS event.
- Should wear a face covering when in public spaces.
- Are required to provide their own personal protective equipment and to carry a face covering with them at all time during events.
- Accept full responsibility for any potential exposure to COVID-19 that may result from participating in any SSS event.
- All doublehanded boats shall consist of individuals occupying a single household or social bubble.
- The Skipper is the person in-charge of a boat during an event. Skippers are responsible for their vessel and their crew’s compliance with all COVID-19 directives.
- At the time of registration, Skippers of doublehanded boats shall self-certify that they and their crew occupy the same household or social bubble.
- All Skippers of doublehanded boats not able to find crew that meet these criteria are encouraged to race singlehanded.
*Social bubbles are defined as stable groups of 12 people or less who have agreed to limit their social activities to only each other for at least three weeks.
Commodore’s Welcome Letter
Welcome! The San Francisco SSS offers events where singlehanded and short-handed sailors can share knowledge, gain experience, and find a structured environment to expand their horizons. The SSS encompasses everyone from a first-time, double-handed sailor to veterans of the Singlehanded TransPacific (SHTP) yacht race. We are always learning and always sharing knowledge.
Please join us for the full season. And if you have not already, please also check us out on: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
(Don’t forget to refresh this page often for new updates.)